1. Love your audience: Content marketing is not repurposed advertising, it is about providing something that cares for what your audience wants; so much so that it makes them talk about it. Think of what your audience wants to know first and not what you think you should be saying first. Give them personalized attention that makes them feel cared for. Love them; they will love your brand.
2. Use the language of your audience: This will enhance their comfort level with your brand and allow them to find you easily and quickly.
3. Adopt a participative approach: Invite your audience into the content creation process to make it a more immersive and fun experience.
4. Partner with Social Stars who connects and builds credibility with your target audience. Social stars are here to stay and will shine brighter in times to come.
5. Do please give a lot of attention to building a sustainable content strategy. Do understand that strategy still starts with data, but will need to go beyond the excel sheets to discover BIG insight and opportunities.
6. Invest in talent to build a winning team – brand managers, content strategists, content creators, data scientists. Teams that thrive on collaboration and builds ‘win-win’ partnerships to constantly serve the consumer will create winning brands.
7. Finally, stick to all fundamental rules of good content: Keep it short & Simple – Clear, targeted, interesting storytelling – stories that drive emotional resonance with target audiences. While there is increasing value of short-form creative content and a temptation to move towards it; but focus has to be less on video length and more on telling stories that is relevant and contextual. Consumers consume and share videos as short as six seconds and as long as 10 minutes.