In the current year and the next couple of years to come, we’ll see more and more brands taking steps to infiltrate the digital world with highly engaging and interactive content. This will put a greater emphasis on content forms like video blogging and live-streaming of events such as product demos, Q&A sessions, and webinars. And, a lot of the content distribution will take place via social media.
“There’s been 90 per cent growth in uploaded content, and 65 per cent of YouTube content is consumed on mobile. If one looked at reach in urban India, YouTube is ahead of TV” said Rajan Anandan, Vice President for Southeast Asia and India, Google at an event to celebrate Google India’s ‘premier partners’.
A recent social media study also indicated that a whopping 92% consumers found that videos are helpful in making purchasing decisions. It will be extremely important to identify opportunities through big data analytics for sharing visual media and invite the most engaged digital natives to participate in webinars and video podcasts to enable vitality and virality.
Today, we are living in an age when live video streaming enables brands and businesses of all sizes to tap into the power of video marketing and social media. Worldwide, streaming video already accounts for two-thirds of the world’s internet traffic and that could hit 90% in 2020, according to one widely used forecast by Cisco.
Successful brands & publishers will need to seize this opportunity in engaging with audiences and be interactive. Publishers need to go beyond merely livestreaming their event; acknowledge audience, listen and engage with them to create personalized interactions. Take live questions, conduct a poll – this is a unique opportunity to engage in a two-way conversation with a captive audience.
How to make money from broadcasting live video is the million dollar question. There are several ways to do that; and this is where best practices from all mainstream media formats needs to be customized and imbibed to drive monetization.
- Indian languages will be the growth locomotive; it will account for 75% of the total Internet user base in India by 2021
- Data is the Oil of the 21st Century; it should be treated as a Profit Centre by Digital Media platforms also
- Much More Visual and Interactive Content will drive the future of digital Monetization initiatives
- Enhanced mobile data consumption, Indian languages and growing tier 2/3 cities to power the future of India’s digital media
- 7 Defining Trends That’s Shaping Media & Marketing
- Unlocking the Radio Opportunity in an era of digital dynamism
- The Future Of Branded Content: Should It Be Owned Or Sponsored?
- Brand Journalism to Brand Newsrooms
- Games on Smart TV – the future game changer?
- The 7 Essentials Of Building Effective Branded Content
- The Future Of Smart TV – Where Are We Headed?
- Clean India Mission – The need to bring about attitudinal and behavioural change is imperative!
- The Need to Build Emotional Fitness
- Ready to Cut the Cable TV Cord?
- 7 Things Remarkably Happy People Do Often
- The best tribute to Dr Kalam: Make India’s Parliament Productive
- Regulating the digital ecosystem – a challenge that will need to be addressed in a more robust way!
- 7 Effective Ways To A Super Tomorrow
- Emerging Cities Have To Play a Critical Role in India’s Future